Welcome Back to the UK!
For more than 30 years, Centre People Appointments (CPA) have been supporting recruitment and employment in the UK and Europe. CPA will support you as a team to ensure the very best results.
You will be able to get advice and support from your “Sempai” returnees. Please click below and find out more about how you can successfully start your job search and how to find a job quickly! For more in-depth job searching advice, please take a look at the video below.
Where to start?
As a JET Returnee approaching the Japanese job market in the UK, you may feel overwhelmed about where to start your job search – all the different job boards and advertisements out there can be daunting and a maze to navigate;
- Is my Japanese level strong enough?
- Do I have the right experience or educational background?
- What kind of company culture would I suit best?
- Who’s hiring!?
What we can provide?
- We take the load off you – we handle most Japan-related jobs in the UK and will directly introduce to you if a good fit!
- Provide job search advice and support throughout the entire process
- Insider knowledge of what it is companies are really looking for
- Tips on Japanese business culture & successful interview methods
“Key points for job seeker success”
- Be open-minded and flexible!
- Attend as many interviews as you can
- Open the door, climb the ladder
- Be aware! The more specific your requirements the longer the search will take!
How best to start my job search!?
The easiest way to start is by registering with Centre People! Let us do the work for you! We work with over 1000 Japanese organisations across the UK and Europe, covering almost all industries and position types.
How will Centre People support me?
Once you have registered with us - We will contact you immediately when any new vacancies come up that fit your profile! If you wish to apply, we send your CV and manage all the communication and negotiation with the client on your behalf.
Do I need to be fluent in Japanese to work in a Japanese company?
Not always. The roles we handle vary from company to company. Some may require fluency, but there will be plenty that require just an understanding of Japanese culture or very basic Japanese so you have a good chance of finding work with us whatever your Japanese level.
How best to approach my job search?
BE FLEXIBLE. This is absolutely key to getting your career off to a quick start. Keep your options open and wherever possible, be open to industry and job type. Once in work, you can then start to specialise or refine your career path – the most important thing is to get in the door!
What is a typical starting salary for a JET Returnee?
This can vary from company to company but typically we see JET Returnees’ starting salaries between £22,000 and £27,000. However once in the company, this will usually rise after your first year of employment.
More questions? Please contact us!
Also, if you are a hiring manager and open to hiring returnees from Japan, please feel free to ask us any questions via email or message, too!